Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Amanda Todd

Hey fitties so it has been a while since I wrote in my blog and honestly I dont know why, I just haven't been on my A game lately and I'm getting back on track and it feels good. What really started me to write a new post and start back on my blog, which I am gonna try to write a new post every week or every few days, is the fact of a issue arising. The topic came about in school in my women's studies class and since then I have seen people expressing their opinion  about this topic all over twitter and facebook. I'm tired of keeping my mouth closed because I do not agree with these people. Now you have no idea what I'm talking about because I haven't told you about the topic yet but the title of this post should give it away. The name Amanda Todd seems to be everywhere for the past few days. Now I do not know this girl personally but I do not think her killing herself is a selfish act. If you don't know her, watch this video underneath to learn her story.

I honestly dont understand how her committing suicide is a selfish act. People dont get what people who go into depression feel like. They feel like no one cares or love them, no matter how much you tell them they will think its a lie. This girl taking her life to me is not a selfish act, you CAN NOT say that this is a selfish act if you dont know what she went through. What is selfish is all those people making fun of her because of one mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and people should not under any circumstance bully someone because they are naive and did something bad. She obviously learned from it, the past is the past. But those people who constantly tormented her should feel ashamed. Bullying is the reason why so many people take their life. Im tired of people saying "this bitch is selfish" "people should stop caring about her, shes a selfish bitch" you would think that after she did this people would stop talking shit, but nope it just keeps coming and coming. I think a selfish act is if a husbands wife died and he killed himself and left 3 children alone with no one. Now that is a selfish act but a person who constantly got bullied and forced into depression is not a selfish act. If you dont know what she has been through they stop talking. You have to think before you speak. This topic is huge on me because honestly i will admit, maybe 5 or 6 months ago i went into depression. I stopped eating and always thought that no one cared about me and that i was alone in the world. I literally had to force myself to eat. I did not come close to sucide at all, but i did think in my head why am i here? Honestly it was over a guy and my family. Yes i know people say dont let a guy affect you but you cant say that unless you have been through it, unless you went through a heartbreak and lost the person that meant so much to you and that you loved. of course i am not in a depression anymore because you have to think that your life doesnt suck just this day but when you have people constantly telling you that no one loves you and that your hated then its really hard too. Before people say committing sucide is a selfish act they should really think about it first.

xoxo GETTINGinSHAPEx

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete